Women’s Committee Chairwomen: Cherelle Richard & Melissa Harviston
The mission of the IAM Women and Human Rights Department is to:
- Create programs and strategies to encourage Local Lodges to establish Women’s and/or Human Rights committees; and for those committees to enact and maintain equality and diversity programs beneficial to union members, their families, and their communities.
- Recognizing that justice and equality can only be achieved through an organized and empowered working class, we will promote programs that will enable all members to become human rights activists.
- Educate members on health, economic and social issues to ensure equity for all workers without obstacles or barriers.
- Encourage and support legislation designed to improve the status of all workers and their families and remove all systemic and other obstacles and barriers for workers to ensure equality and maximum inclusion.
- Provide continuous labor-related education to encourage and enhance inclusive union engagement from the full breadth of our diverse union membership.